We invite you to attend the 30th annual Conference on Computational Physics (CCP2018) which will take place July 29 – August 2, 2018 at the University of California, Davis, campus in Davis, California, USA.
CCP is a series of conferences held annually under the auspices of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) on the basis of endorsement by its Commission on Computational Physics (C20). The purpose of the conference series is to bring together computational scientists working in physics and closely related areas to exchange the latest developments in computational techniques and their applications. The conference features plenary, invited and contributed talks as well as poster presentations in a wide number of subject areas of active interest to the computational physics community.
Situated in the vibrant college town of Davis, California, the UC Davis campus is located 85 miles from the San Francisco Bay area and 20 miles from the state capital of Sacramento. It is within a two-hour drive from world-class destinations such as California's renowned Napa Valley and majestic natural attractions such as Lake Tahoe. The campus is likewise in close proximity to Stanford University, UC Berkeley and the dynamic Silicon Valley region.
We look forward to seeing you at the conference this summer.
Sincere best wishes from,
CCP2018 will feature plenary, invited, and contributed talks as well as poster presentations on the following topics:
- Statistical mechanics and complex systems
- Soft matter, polymer, and biological physics
- Materials physics (e.g. structure, dynamics, electronic structure, multi-scale methods)
- Fluid dynamics, turbulence, nanofluidics, and magnetohydrodynamics
- Quantum many-body physics (e.g. lattice models, ground and excited states, quantum criticality, novel methods)
- Quantum computation
- Lattice field theory in particle and nuclear physics
- Astrophysics, space-plasma physics, gravitation, cosmology
- Computational physics education
- Novel hardware and software paradigms (e.g. GPU computing, cloud computing, exascale and beyond, artificial intelligence)
- Energy, environment and climate modeling
- Machine learning and applications
- Algorithm development (e.g. monte carlo, molecular dynamics, neural networks, density functionals)
The program for CCP2018 follows the tradition of morning plenary sessions and afternoon sessions of an invited talk followed by contributed presentations. There will be three parallel afternoon sessions for each of the four conference days and an evening poster session. The Proceedings of CCP2018 will be published in an open access journal. Conference events will be held at the UC Davis Conference Center.
Registration and Abstract Submission
On-site Registration Will Open July 29 in the Afternoon at the Conference Center!
Online registration and abstract submission is now closed.
The registration fee for CCP2018 includes access to all scientific events and breaks, a welcome reception the evening of July 29, and publication of an accepted manuscript in an open-access journal. For the banquet (planned for the evening of August 1) there is a co-payment of USD 60. You can buy a banquet ticket when you register or at the conference.
A limited number of on campus housing options (which include meals) are available on the registration page. Alternatively, conference participants can choose from a wide selection of local hotel accommodations. See Accommodations for more details.
Registration fees are as follows:
|Early||until May 30, 2018||500 USD|
|Regular||June 1 – July 22, 2018||600 USD|
|On-site||July 29 – Aug 2, 2018||650 USD|
From Developing Countries†
|Early||until May 30, 2018||250 USD|
|Regular||June 1 – July 22, 2018||300 USD|
|On-site||July 29 – Aug 2, 2018||325 USD|
Program & Abstracts
THE CCP2018 PROGRAM IS NOW AVAILABLE!
You are invited to download the CCP2018 Program & Information Guide which includes all agenda and venue information including the schedule for plenary, invited and contributed talks. Full abstracts for the plenary, parallel and poster sessions are likewise available as separate downloads.
An interactive agenda of the CCP2018 conference program, including the presentations in each section, is likewise available for convenience.
- January 15, 2018
- Registration and abstract submission opens
- April 30, 2018
- Deadline for financial support applications
- May 30, 2018
- Early registration ends
- June 1, 2018
- Abstract submission for contributed talks closes
- July 1, 2018
- Decisions on contributed talks/posters sent to authors
- July 15, 2018
- Program posted online
- July 22, 2018
- Online registration closes
- July 29, 2018
- On-site registration opens in the afternoon
- July 29 – Aug. 2, 2018
- CCP2018 conference
- October 1, 2018
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts for the proceedings